If you are confusing about how to change address in voter ID or in election card then we have provided an easy guide to change address in few steps. The election countdown for upcoming Lok Sabha is already starting; the Political parties have started campaigning for the big vote bank to win elections. But with it, the election commission is also bracing the belt for the election. Now the citizen of India can perform several tasks online without reaching the helping booth. Now voters can change their address on the voter ID card online.
What I want to say is if you have to change your residence or moved from one place to another, you need to change your address on the voter ID card. For that user have to fill Form 6 from the National Voter’s Service portal website or one can go to the following link:
For the first time voters, the same process can be followed by the applicant. But what are the steps to get the new voter ID card or want to edit an old one or adding your name in the electoral roll for the nearest constituency? The answer is here. Have a look.
Keep in mind that one person can hold only one voter ID card. So it is an illegal and punishable act to enroll more than one card for one person or different address.
- First of all, go to the following link:
- Now choose the language and fill all the mandatory information in the relevant space including your personal information, and address.
- Next, upload your photo, photo ID proof and your address proof.
- At last, enter the captcha from the screen and click on the replies tab.
- Remember that you can upload the age proof, passport size photo, and address proof by clicking on the upload button located under the respective document section and the file size cannot exceed than 2MB.
- As an address proof you can choose your birth certificate, mark sheet of class 5th, 8th or 10th, Indian passport, PAN card, Driving license, Aadhar letter issued by UIDIA.
- As an address proof, you can upload Indian passport, driving license, Bank/Kisan/ Post office current passbook, Ration card, Income tax assessment order, rent agreement, water bill, telephone bill, gas connection bill, post/ letter/ mail delivered through Indian Postal Department.
How to enroll for new voter’s ID card?
- Go to National Voter’s Service Portal from the following link:
- Next, click on the first option titled as ‘Apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC.’
- It is form 6 which needed to fill and submit to register themselves into the list.
- Choose the language out of three languages Hindi, English, and Malayalam from the top right corner.
- The form is divided into six parts: Mandatory particulars, Address, Supporting documents, Optional particulars, and Declaration.
- First of all fill all mandatory details like Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency as per current constituency, District and State in the respective column.
- Choose the first-time voter option from the two option as you are a new voter. In the case, if you are shifting from another constituency from another then pick the second option.
- Enter each detail and skip the optional details if you want. Once you submit the form, the applicant receives a confirmation SMS on the registered mobile number.
- Next, enter your Name, Surname, Age, Relatives name, etc. in English and regional both languages. But do not worry about translating in regional language as the website will automatically translate by pressing the ‘Tab’ key from your keyboard.
- Next, add current address and permanent address. It includes House number, street, landmark, pin code, town, state, etc.
- Fill optional detail and upload a necessary document.
- At last fill, the declaration details and hit submit tab followed by captcha code.
- Do not forget to note down reference ID to track the status of an application or for future support.
So it is all about how to enroll for a new voter ID card or how to change the address in voting card. We hope you do not have any question after reading this article, but in case if you have any, then you can ask us using the comment section below. Thank you!